In the Living Energy of Needs video (35 minutes), Susan:
- defines and describes what a “need” is, and distinguishes this from how our mainstream culture defines needs
- explains how needs live in us/distinguishes the living energy of needs
- shows how you can have an experience of fulfillment at any time … regardless of the current circumstances of your relationships or your life“
- reveals what people react to, when receiving some attempts at empathy
- clarifies what distinguishes alive, resonant empathy (which changes our brains) from “dead”, mechanical empathy (that often annoys or upsets people)
- provides a guided exercise that creates a felt experience of the living energy of needs
- provides a guided exercise that demonstrates in detail how to generate the living energy of needs to create resonant empathy (which heals our brains)
- reveals a way to offer empathy that leaves others with an experience of “Hey, this person really gets me!”
In the Healing Childhood Trauma audio (1 hour), Susan gives a succinct and compelling description of the basics of childhood trauma and the brain.
For decades we learned that the neural tissue of the brain could not be replaced. We now know the amazing and wonderful truth – that our brains are neuro-plastic: we can actually build new realities. In this talk Susan describes the pathways to healing the pain and trauma of the past. She conveys the hope and excitement that comes from learning how to actually create new pathways that allow our brains to thrive.